Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Attitude !

I read a column today that really stopped me to think. And this is what I figured out:

Today was a good day. I didn't get irritated eventhough the seagulls were screaming outside my window really early in the morning. I would have loved to sleep few more hours, but It didn't irritate me. I didn't get irritated eventhough I was frightened during my bike ride to work by the motorcycle that drove past me with an irritating noise. 

I didn't get irritated eventhough there are hundreds of those disgusting snails along the roads. It's easy to drive around them.... or is it. If you happen to drive over one it for sure dies and splashes on your legs. nice, but it didn't irritate me today.

All the dog poop along the roads didn't irritate me either. Thank god I can step over it.

I didn't get irritated eventhough a car almost drove over me or the fact that a large garbage truck was parked blocking the way to the door at work.

It didn't irritate me that I got several stupid e-mail questions. I tried to answer them as correctly as I could. It didn't irritate me that it was super weather outside and I was stuck inside at the office. I just have to make the best of it in the afternoon.

I didn't get irritated eventhough my older son did several things that he knows pushes my buttons. He is in a period when he has to try out the power of no. He is also trying to bargain stuff, which is not working really that well for him. I decided to see through my fingers. 

It didn't irritate me that the strawberries I bought were extremely expensive. I just wanted to have some local strawberries and if that's the price one have to pay for that enjoyment, then so be it. They were also extremely delicious.

It didn't irritate me that there were many stupid postings on Facebook. Does my social network really need to know what color of toilet paper I use or how the food I ate tasted or if I'm at home, at the office, traveling, how far I run, if I take a shit or if I give a shit? Well, today it didn't irritate me either.

So, if my day today was a good one and things didn't irritate me, why so today? Well, because when I got up it was a beautiful morning with a blanc sea and sun rising. It was so beautiful that I decided that this will be a good day.
 
It's all about attitude !
See, I've learned that I have a choice in the morning and I have to choose one of the two. I can be on a bad mood or I can be on a good mood. Choosing the first one makes a shit day while choosing the latter makes a wonderful day. You just have to keep choosing the better alternative. And one thing, don't look back and regret your choices. Live with the choice you've made. You cannot take it back and change it. Everything irritates you if you just let it.

So with these words I leave you today. Tomorrow morning choose to have a fabulous day ! I'm sure I will !

Hugs,
Susanna




1 comment:

  1. Ah such wise words. I have had many of those days and some of them on our holiday. It made me realise that only we control what happens to us or how we see things. Wise words and just what I needed to hear <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for peeking in. I really appreciate your comment.