Thursday, September 12, 2013

Getting in shape

I have started a new life this fall... or actually already last spring. In march I started running. I had a goal to run 10 km at an event on the 26th of May in Helsinki. And guess what, I did it. I ran the distance, very slow, but I got through it without walking in between.

Totally high on that I entered myself for a similar event in Stockholm for the 6th of September. I was training all summer with both good feeling and some bad ones too. But I did a tactical plan for this one. I bought myself a present for a job well done in advance. Which proved to be the perfect way of pepping myself. After 5 km I was completely out of power, but thinking of that Sizzix Big Shot on my craft table kind of gave me the extra I needed. So the result is that I did it again.  Now I can play with my Big Shot in peace knowing that I did it.

I also decided to continue running so I needed new shoes, while the old ones were beyond saving after this second 10km distance. So I went to a specialist and got myself new ones. What do you like my new shoes ?

They're colorful and bright. I also got these insoles that are made specially for me correcting some of my foot problems. The only problem now is that my legs hurt after using these. Which is totally normal,  when the foot gets a new position. But it's going to be great when my legs get use to it.


So, I have new shoes, kids go to school and their activities start in the beginning of september, also for DH. But what DH had missed to tell me, was that he had entered me to join his karate lessons. Great ! The first reaction was that "no way" but now thinking about it I have to say Yes, way ! I am going to keep running few times a week and once a week I kill myself at karate.

Now I'm off to my first karate lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for peeking in. I really appreciate your comment.