Thursday, September 25, 2014

Winner of the last sailing race

Hi ho hi ho,

today I want to show you a layout I made with Maja Design papers from the collection Life by the Sea. I used Let's Scrap sketch 9-24-14 as inspiration. This is a sketch by a South African sketch designer Michelle wan Wyk, a super talented paper crafter.

Here is her sketch

and here is my one page take on it. I used only the left hand side of the sketch and turned it a bit.


This is my oldest son in his last race of the season in his sailing club. He got a perfect start and stayed in the lead the whole race. Unfortunately the wind was very weak, so they all had to seek the wind to get anywhere. 

As I mentioned I've used papers from Maja Design Life by the Sea collection and word stickers from Petite Diction Accomplished as well as letters from Candy Shoppe and American Crafts.
I also added a hand cut star just to show that I think he is a star. 

So folks, that is all for now. 

Hugs,
Susanna

7 comments:

  1. I love your layout Susanna!!! I really had to look for the elements of the challenge because my eyes kept going right to your photos (the best layouts do that for me)!!! So glad to see you at Let's Scrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Susanna I love the shabby nautical feel of this layout It is wonderful. The photos are wonderful and congrats to your boy :D Thanks for playing along with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning layout! Love the colors you used!! My kids are also boat fanatics!!
    Thanks for joining us at Let's Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is so wonderful! It really gives the feeling of motion! I love the paper combination that you used!

    Hugs,
    Chriss - Let's Scrap- DT
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great layout Susanna!! Love the colors and your banners at the top are great... great work!!

    Hugs,
    Cathy
    Let's Scrap
    Admin/Sponsorship

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you switched up the photo orientation for your page here! Your banners look great and I adore all the star accents. Super having you join in the fun at Let's Scrap! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for peeking in. I really appreciate your comment.