It has been a busy time again. During the weekend we went on a trip to the mainland… haha, that sounds so weird… mainland…. well, that is what it is since we live on an island.
OK, my DH's uncle had his 70's party on saturday and I had a class reunion too, at the same time. So, DH with the boys, his brother and his family went for the coffee party and I took the car and drove to Kemiö, a municipality appr. 40-45 min drive from the city of Ekenäs. (south western Finland) I met with my class mates and teachers from 20 years back in time. In 1993 we graduated horse grooms and flew out in the world. So many years later we met again, and boy, I can say that even though a lot has happened at the area of Brusaby school, the time has been standing still anyway.
OK, my DH's uncle had his 70's party on saturday and I had a class reunion too, at the same time. So, DH with the boys, his brother and his family went for the coffee party and I took the car and drove to Kemiö, a municipality appr. 40-45 min drive from the city of Ekenäs. (south western Finland) I met with my class mates and teachers from 20 years back in time. In 1993 we graduated horse grooms and flew out in the world. So many years later we met again, and boy, I can say that even though a lot has happened at the area of Brusaby school, the time has been standing still anyway.
It was a huge knot that started to grow in me when I drove the car over the Strömma bridge. It just grew and grew the closer I got. And when I came to the last kilometer of straight road viewing at Brusaby from the main road… the knot was huge. (Thank god I didn't have to speak to anybody in the car since I was alone.) I parked the car and immediately saw few of my old class mates waiting for me outside of the restaurant. Unfortunately I was in an huge emergency… I really needed to pee, otherwise a big accident would happen. So, I apologized and ran to the toilet. Done with my… thing, I got back and got to meet, properly, with my class teacher Ulla and classmates. WOW. The time really had stand still. Ulla had not changed a bit… well, ok a bit grey hair, but otherwise she was the classy lady as 20 years ago.
Few more of my class and few of the agriculture class dropped in and so too my riding and stable teacher, Maria. She was looking as sporty and energized as ever. She hadn't changed nothing. I felt like home ! I felt like the young girl I was then, seeking for Marias approval and eager to suck in all her knowledge of horses and riding. 20 years older, though.
We got a round trip around the premises of an other Maria, who works there today. She showed us the small animal house with all the cats, dogs, birds, guinea-pigs, snakes, turtles and other small cute things. (snakes not being so cute) Then we walked to the stable. A memory lane… NOTHING HAD CHANGED !!! The road looked the same, the stable, the outdoor arena, the trotting arena, fields where the horses were and the stable. Well, one thing I noticed was that the horses stables were a bit more worn. The feeding room looks alike, with the table construction with the shelf, the oil on the floor exactly at the same spot. Even the smell of the stable when walking through the doors. Now my knot was choking me. And exactly like 20 years ago, something that Maria said, calmed me down. I miss her so much ! I miss my classmates ! I miss the whole thing !
One thing that I will always remember is when we went to southern Finland for a eventing competition with Maria, Raisa and Jenny. I was so nervous just seconds before my start that I almost fell of the horse. Maria was standing beside me stroking my leg and telling me that I really didn't have to do this If I didn't want to. It was ok, if I didn't. I did do it anyway, because I had decided to. Later on she told me that she was so worried about me being so nervous that she was wondering if I would be able to stay up on the horse.
So, this was my memory lane trip in november 2013. I am happy I did it, even though it raised a lot of memories and some kind of missing. But what memories and I could say that those were the days!
Anyway, now to a bit more crafty things. I have made a layout for Let's Scrap sketch 10-30-13.
From left: Raisa Tarola, Mari Kalenius, Maria Möller, me, Ulla Tennberg,
Anders Abrahamsson, Sofie Henriksson, Susanne Jansson, Ann & Sam Walldén
One thing that I will always remember is when we went to southern Finland for a eventing competition with Maria, Raisa and Jenny. I was so nervous just seconds before my start that I almost fell of the horse. Maria was standing beside me stroking my leg and telling me that I really didn't have to do this If I didn't want to. It was ok, if I didn't. I did do it anyway, because I had decided to. Later on she told me that she was so worried about me being so nervous that she was wondering if I would be able to stay up on the horse.
So, this was my memory lane trip in november 2013. I am happy I did it, even though it raised a lot of memories and some kind of missing. But what memories and I could say that those were the days!
Anyway, now to a bit more crafty things. I have made a layout for Let's Scrap sketch 10-30-13.
And here is my take on the sketch:
I did a one page layout scrapping pictures of my older DS from his sailing camp this summer. On the right hand side small pictures he was trying out his brand new dry suit. He was swimming here at home at the beach early may when the water was almost freezing cold. But he could state that the dress worked, he didn't get cold.
So this was all for now. Thank you for reading ! The first part might be a bit of a bore to you, but so important for me to analyze my feelings after that trip. I am happy that I did that trip and I have promised to organize a meeting soon again, not waiting 20 more years before the next time.
Hugs,
Susanna



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for peeking in. I really appreciate your comment.