Today I want to show you all the horses that have made an impact in my life.
We start at Kilon Talli and Belami. This was a kind hearted english fullblood who loved to gallop.
After Belami there was this cute little chestnut foal after Ideal du Gazeau. I saw it being born and he was "mine" from the first breath. The mare, who I also cared for at the time, was waiting for me to come in the morning before she laid down and gave birth to the most beautiful little baby horse I've ever seen. His name was Ideal Wili and was owned by Wili Talli in Espoo.
Then I met this cute little chestnut Consul that was owned by Old Horsemanship/ Leppävaaran Talli. This was a kind and happy little horse who loved to jump. I got to attend riding classes for the stable owners both dressage and jumping.
At the same time a privately owned horse, also a chestnut Caesar, moved to the stable. I became friends with his owner, Eriikka and helped her with grooming. At the same time I also groomed another dressage horse by the name Labri. Unfortunately I do not have any proper picture of that black giant.
During my years at gymnasium I groomed my first proper show jumping horse, One for One. This super cute and nice horse was owned by Timo and Virve Ruutu. This was at the start of Virves shop Hipposport, that actually this year celebrates it's 25 years in business. Congrats to that.
Then my plans took me to Kemiö and a horse grooming school. The stable had both riding horses and trotters. From the riding school side I got a horse named Gawaller assigned to me. I totally fell in love with him and I ended up grooming and riding him for 2 years.
During these years I got to enter him in few competitions, one which I will remember the rest of my life, in Punametsä Espoo a eventing competition. A funny thing happened after we gone through the finishing line: the field was very wet and slippery so I thought that instead of making him gallop on a huge circle in the slippery mud, he would for sure jump one extra time this ditch you see in the middle of the picture below. But Wille had done his jumping and decided that it was time for me to jump! Well, all finished well, I didn't jump but slided along his neck into the ditch getting down on my feet, but then he had this twinkle in his eyes and he just lifted his head and putted me off my feet straight into the ditch. And as the name of the place was Punametsä (Redwoods) the soil was very reddish and my white trousers were never white again.
After the years in school it was time for me to find a place to practice all my new skills so I got to go to Holland. To join the team Jenny Zoer. There I took care of 25 horses. But there was few that became more important to me than the others. This of course because they were Jennys competition horses. Those were Cordillio (Olympic Cordillio)
Desteny (Olympic Desteny)
Dartuna
Everglade, unfortunately I do not have any proper picture of him. These were the horses we travelled around Holland and Europe in show jumping competitions. It was a hard work but I wouldn't change a day of it.
Last but not least at all is Haram, a stallion that I got to ride a lot. He was tiny and easy to handle and loved to jump. If I had had the money, I would have bought him and brought him with me to Finland. According to Arendt, Jennys dad, he would have sold it to me to a "very good price".
The two horses here at Åland that I've ridden and have fond memories of are Cindy, a half blind trotter mare who loved to jump. She really didn't know the difference of trot and gallop but that didn't really stop her. She loved jumping and going to the competitions so much that when I came with the trailer she would run beside the car and couldn't barely wait for me to open up the trailer and she would just walk in. With this horse I won 1996 the jumping competition at Åland.
The last horse is my very own Mr Poseidon. A english fullblood gelding. He was kind and nice to ride as long as you didn't expect anything.
SO these were the horses of my life!
Gorgeous bunch, isn't it?
Thanks for peeking in and hopefully you check in soon again.
Hugs,
Susanna










No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for peeking in. I really appreciate your comment.