Hi there,
Today is my 41 st birthday. I am sitting by my self, the rest of ht family is sleeping tight by now. I made dinner since DH and oldest DS had their karate lessons tonight, even though it was supposed to be DH cooking. Well, he had bought all the ingredients so I just chopped and fried and voila... I was done. We had Pepper steak with fried vegetables such as zucchini, broccoli, haricot verts, champignons and bell peppers. Yummy. The kids had made such a gorgeous presents, older DS had made me a bracelet and younger DS had drawn a beautiful picture of a "flag man", what ever that is... and he was sitting on the toilet and washing his hands.
This is what I get, when we've been discussing with the boys about the importance of washing your hands when coming home from day care and after the visits to the toilet. A flag-man washing his hands. But he, 5 yo, had written "From S.... to Mummy" and that I think is quite an achievement for a 5 yo ! Well done!
I am travelling to Sweden tomorrow, to attend a seminar. A bunch... appr. 2000-3000 people from all Scandinavia, in an positive atmosphere with happy people. All by myself ! Two nights at a hotel. I am going to eat breakfast all by myself ! In peace ! Serving... only me ! How great is that !!!
How much positiveness can one bear ? Is there a limit? The fact is that it doesn't serve anyone any good to be anything else than positive. Life is so much easier looking at the bright sides ! You should try it.
I often study people when walking on the streets, sitting in cafes etc. Why does most of the people passing by look so unhappy... even angry ? Is it so, that they are unhappy and want everyone to know it? Or are they feeling a bit better when they look angrily at others ? Or is it just so, that they've been unhappy for so long, that they don't know anything else ?
I have decided that even if it would kill me, I will look happy. SO, when being out amongst people, I think of something positive and funny... my kids are a constant source of happy thoughts for me... so I think of my kids. That will bring a smile on my face and voila.... I look happy ! What a difference it makes to people walking by. If you just smile, to anybody, at anything... every human being can react in two ways to a smile... either they turn their face away, like saying: don't smile to me, I am unhappy... let me bee" or they can smile back. And what a victory if I can ease someones day, even for a bit... with a smile !
So, my dear friends let's go out today with happy toughts and a smile on our face. Let's see how many walking by smiles back. Even Nat King Cole sang about the benefits of a smile. Read the lyrics yourself.
Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you
Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you
Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile
Cross-cultural studies have shown that smiling is a means of communication throughout the world. Smile translates well in all languages !
Smiles,
Susanna
Hi Susanna, I don't know why I have not seen your blog before but I was so entertained by your post. So true so many unhappy people around. It is one of my favourite things to do just sit and watch people. I can do it for hours. Enjoy your conference and the time alone. Bliss!. Glad you are getting back to normal after your renovations. Hang in there :D You no only have traffic you have a new follower ;)
ReplyDelete