This spring of 2022 is filled with parties in our house. FIrst In January I turned 50, yes really! I am that old but it's only numbers.
Then on 7th of May my younger son got confirmated in Jomala Church. So that was our first bigger party. Apprx 30 persons gathered at the house and I had ordered and made cakes and something small to eat. S got nice presents and also got some contributions to his planned moped purchase.
The next thing was to celebrate his 15th birthday and the permission to start driving school. As this day occurred during a weekday and just days before the next big event, we celebrated very small. We did have a chocolate cake that we enjoyed after dinner on the actual day.
Then next one, for the time being the last one, was on Saturday 4th of June. This is the big day that my oldest son, T, graduated. He got his white cap and was over joyed for the achievement. We had been preparing for days, if not for weeks with different tasks as well outside as inside the house. The preparations in the kitchen have gone smoothly. All the salty ones I made my self and the sweet gorgeous cakes I ordered from Baka. The menu on the buffe was: Salad, cucumbers and tomatoes, herb potatoes, grilled chicken, salad cheese, garlic sauce, taco sauce, baguette, Creme bonjour herbs, Creme bonjour garlic, salmon rolls, shrimp rolls, Västerbotten cheese croustades, cake and chocolate petit fours.
Now I am drained. Feels like I'm done with party preparations for the time being.
Few things to think about that I have picked up during the preparations. First of all - should you order cakes from a professional bakery - do this early on!! February or March the latest. If you have a special bakery you use, order well in advance. DO NOT WAIT! The results of the "Student skrivningar" comes quite late, just few weeks before the D-day. This is too late if your favorite bakery is favorite of many. Secondly - If you need to order glasses, plates etc from a catering company - do also that in time! Third - remember to order the photo poster few weeks before the D-day. Fourth - if you need many, over 10, roses, order them appr. one week in before hand. With these things to think about I'm sure your preparations are well on time.
Good luck with your preparations!
That's all for this time.
Br, Susanna
Ps. Thanks for peeking in. Do leave a comment, so I'll know you've visited.
















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for peeking in. I really appreciate your comment.