Monday, November 16, 2015

Long time since last time

Hi there,

I have not been writing, since I have not been scrapping. A lot has happened in my life but I didn't find the inspiration nor time to write about everything.

First of all, the summer was terrific even though the weather was really crap. I got a nice months vacation since my employer decided to transfer my job to Helsinki and living here at the Islands I didn't have the possibility to move with the job. So as a vacation present they let me go. So, in July, I was just relaxing and enjoying the summer days with my boys and our "nanny" for the summer,  Kia.

This summer we had the greatest "nanny" here with the boys. (and in July even with me!)

During the first weekend in July we took our big boat to Dragsfjärd (a small town in South-Western Finland) to join a family reunion. And of course we had Kia with us. We stopped at a beautiful small island, Brännskär,  that has been a home to a couple who lived fishing. Today this is a guest harbor.


Kia Karoliina straight from Sauna.

Thomas sitting on the spar enjoying a Mountain Dew.

Kia reading a book in the sun on the boat.



During the summer we did different outings, one amongst the others was Herrön, which is a point and is located in Aland Islands. Here Thomas and Kia are enjoying the sun and watching at the sea.


Kia and the boys walking back to the car.

We also did a day trip to Uppsala to Sweden with Kia and Thomas. We spent some time at the Cathedral watching signs of Finland being a part of Sweden… long time ago.

In the evening, waiting for the ship to take us back home, I would say that Thomas was a bit… hyper… or what do you think?

The lovely summer days together was coming to an end when Kias mother and Eki Heinonen came to pick her up. They had a grand boat that Thomas totally fell in love with.


Here We2 is at our pier.


Kia and Stefan trying out a SUP-board.



We also went to the Rock off music festival and enjoyed the evening with great food and music.

 Almost like sisters, right ?

So, this is few of the things we did this summer. Even though the weather was not really great, we had a great time. We ended the summer in the traditional crayfish party at our patio. We had for this summer invited few new members, Kia and his parents being here at the time. 
And boy what a evening we had!!!! Great food with super great people! I just have to say that I so hope that each and one of these guests can be back next summer on the 21st of July. The table is full though, 15 people, each eating crayfish, västerbotten cheese pie, warm smoked salmon and drinking vodka/ akvavit schnapps and wine, of course.

I just have to say that I miss the summer already. But you know that it is only 248 days until the next one!

Thanks for peeking in and hugs,
Susanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for peeking in. I really appreciate your comment.