Sunday, August 31, 2014

Using my scrap stash

HI there,

today I'll show you an layout that I've made using my stash. The inspiration for the layout is brought from the CSI case file #137 that was released on friday.

This is the case file

This one presents difficult colors for me so I almost decided not to try on this one. But a lazy sunday turned out to be a perfect day to crack this case. Here is what I did.


First I've sprayed the white card stock with pink mist. Then I used some gesso to brighten the pinkness. Then I've made some texture with bubble plastic and gesso. After that I sprayed a bit black and a bit of pink and added orange and yellow. And my background was done. Then I digged in my scraps to find the papers to match all the colors.
The evidence for the case is polka dots in the yellow arrows which also is my textured paper from Best Creations. Metal is the brad I've used. Tringles are the doodled triangles. The testimony is my journaling which uses the word sunshine.

Here are some close ups.



Papers I've used:
American Craft, Dear Lizzy Day Dreamer, Cartwheels 366763
MME Now and Then by Hen Allyson, Dorothy "Lovely Day" Play Paper #NT1011
Best Creations paper
We R Memory Keepers Chalkboard Ombre
Decoration I've used:
MME Now and Then Mixed bag
We R Memory keepers Chalkboard Emossed Stickers,
MME Chalkstudio Decorative Brads
Prima Marketing flowers and leafs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for peeking in. I really appreciate your comment.