Today I am going to tell you about a experience I had in a tiny restaurant in Turku the other day.
We entered this tiny restaurant, which seats apps. 36 customers, at 4 pm on a wednesday. The entrepreneurs welcomed us and gave us a short description about the short history of the restaurant and the people working there. The chef won the competition Chef of the Year in 2013 in Finland and also the winner of the first Hell's Kitchen in Finland. The owners are young and dynamic and have a fresh way of looking at the restaurant service.
It has to be said that the service was just about superb! Topi, the one taking care of the service is a tall, young and energetic. He has the perfect feeling of customers and has an exceptional ability to talk and the presentation of the foods, courses, wines and stories was absolutely capturing.
Each course was presented at the tables as well as the wines to go with. The ideology is that as long as the wine has an interesting story and interesting producer, matching price as well as it matches the courses it gets it's place on the wine list. Micro producers and ecological products are of interest.
Unfortunately I didn't write down the wines we were served and today I think it was very stupid of me not to even take pictures of them. But the welcome drink was Taittingers Fifa champagne.
Here are pictures of 3 of the courses I got a decent picture of.
To start Pike-perch ceviche with small cucumbers and marinated green tomato and a superb green sauce.
Then we got asparagus in Kaskis style. It was both green and white asparagus that was toasted, cooked and raw. All these served with a velvety hollandaise sauce. Unfortunately no picture.
The thirs course was lamb made in two ways, long cooked and file, both with haricot vertes, sorrels and a tasty sauce. This was served with parmesan potatoes
Dessert was a delicious plate with white chocolate in several ways. First of all ice cream made of white chocolate and cream cheese on top of biscuits, rhubarb jello, fresh rhubarb and white chocolate cookie chips and drops of white chocolate.
As I mentioned the courses were served with deliciously combined wines just perfect for each course.
This is it, guys. I am overwhelmed of the innovation and the presentation and of course the cooking. I wish I could visit this restaurant often. Now it is in another city, 5 hrs away with the ferry. But for sure, this restaurant will be on my must visit list for the next time in Turku !
Are you hungry yet ?
Hugs,
Susanna



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for peeking in. I really appreciate your comment.