I was thinking really hard and screening pictures from last summer to get an idea what I wanted to challenge you with. So this challenge will be, as last week, to get inspired by a photo.

You are free to use which ever LS sketch and what ever in this picture that inspires you. From the following list you are free to choose 3 items:
Bling, lace, Ribbon/twine, flowers, cut outs, sewing, swirls, something stamped, brads, journaling, patterned papers, circles, stars or buttons.
Please add a small note in the comments field telling what in the above picture inspired you in creating your layout/ card.
I want to show you few layouts and one card that our talented DT has created to boost your mojo. Hope you get loads of inspiration !
This is my creation:
I used an old sketch, 3-8-10. From the picture I chose summer and the colors, specifically the red color. I had eased patterned papers, some bling an be found in the flower which also are on e of the ingredients as well as the cut out arrow. Papers for my layout comes from Maja Design.
Lori Johnson Apgar
My inspiration from the photo was the chair and the blue from the table cloth. I used twine (book mark), flowers (crocheted flowers) and journaling (tucked behind red paper). I was not sure if the chair qualified as cut out or not. I used sketch 5-11-11. This challenge was very challenging for me - but I have to say I absolutely LOVE the results !!!! When I first saw the picture all I could see was the lobster. I don't care for seafood so i could not see past it. I kept coming back and looked some more before I noticed the background
Ezme Hartman
The photo reminded me of summertime here in Cape Town - we all love to eat seafood ! It also means going for walks on the beach, eating an ice-cream and just watching the world go by! I used the red of the lobster and blue of the tablecloth as my color choose, and patterned paper, journaling and twine as the 3 elements. The paper are mainly from the Bazzil Basic "Beach House" collection. And LS sketch 4-3-13
Thank you for the challenge and it REALLY was a challenge, as I could easily have piled more goodies on my layout!
Val Thorpe
I used an old sketch 9-9-09
I took my inspiration from the colors of the photo and also from the lady you can partially see who I think is taking a photo on her phone… I used the photo of my grandees that was taken on my phone too… I used bling, lace ribbon, flowers.
Jen Leeflang
I used card sketch 3-16-11
my three items are: bling, ribbon, brads
My inspiration from the photograph are the lobsters, in particular the lobster from the Disney movie, "The Little Mermaid" - need I say more ?
Ada Nichols
I used sketch 3-8-10 as well Susanna BUT changed it slightly.
I chose to use the pattern paper, flowers and ribbon. The color I used is black (the color) of the feathers of the bird.
I love the bush as you all know and used this photo of the White Stork. So graceful just feeding in the grass. So I tried to give this a bush feeling. I used black pattern sheets and added flowers and ribbon and cal so added a touch of green to pick up the grass.
Kristine Ponte
Sketch 5-11-11… five different patterned papers, cut-outs from this paper line and journaling… my three picks from the challenge.
What an great bunch of inspiration for this challenge. Now, your task is to look at the picture and get inspired ! Remember to tag your entry as Challenge180, space sketch#. Mine will read Challenge180, 3-8-10
This challenge closes on Thursday 6th of February at 11:59PM (by the main page clock)
A small RAK will be drawn amongst all the entries that meet the deadline and the requirements.
Can't wait to see your entries in the gallery.
Let's Scrap !
So this is the challenge and all for this time. Thank's for peeking in.
Hugs,
Susanna





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for peeking in. I really appreciate your comment.